Say “I love you” to your littlest Valentine with these Grain Free Chocolate Pancakes! These are a yummy, not-too-sweet chocolate treat perfect for piling high with toppings like sliced banana, fresh or freeze-dried berries, coconut cream, hemp seeds, a drizzle of maple syrup … the options are endless!
Decadent enough for dessert yet wholesome enough for breakfast, these Grain Free Chocolate Pancakes are delicious anytime of day. Leftovers store well in the fridge for about 5 days and these babies are easily reheated in the toaster.
Grain Free Chocolate Pancakes
Say “I love you” to your littlest Valentine with these chocolately, wholesome pancakes!.
– 4 eggs
– 1 14oz. can lite coconut milk
– 2 tsp. vanilla
– 2 tbs. pure maple syrup
– 1/2 c. coconut flour
– 1/4 c. cocoa or cacao powder
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 2 tbs. chia seeds
– coconut oil, butter or ghee, for frying
1. Preheat large skillet or griddle over medium low.
2. Combine eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sea salt, and chia seeds in a blender and blitz until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
3. Grease skillet or griddle with a thin layer of coconut oil (or butter or ghee) and spoon 1/8 cup sized portions of batter about an inch apart, spreading out to about 1/2″ thickness.
4. Cook until the bottoms are firm and the tops are puffy – about 5 minutes. Carefully flip and flatten slightly with the back of a spatula. Cook remaining side until firm and slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes more.
5. Remove cooked pancakes to a cooling rack (this helps keep the undersides from getting sweaty and soft).
6. Continue to cook remaining pancakes in batches, adding a new layer of coconut oil each time.
If using 1/8 cup sized portions of batter, this recipe will yield approximately 30 2-3″ pancakes.