Thanksgiving was a couple of days ago, but I’m not quite ready to let go of pumpkin season. Heck, I might just keep indulging my pumpkin-lovin’ heart all winter long. Especially when it’s something that the toddler will pretty reliably gobble up, why would I stop? 🙂
We love this oatmeal – it’s a favorite. I made it for the umpteenth time this morning and Mister 21 Month Old happily ate his entire serving and started to eye mine. I gave him a little more and he polished that off too.
In case you need more enticing, this oatmeal is:
full of delicious toppings
Need I say more?
Deluxe Pumpkin Oatmeal
A hearty, pumpkin-y oatmeal to enjoy all fall and winter long - the perfect filling, warming breakfast on a chilly morn.
Credit: Mama Makes Food
For the oatmeal:
– 1 15oz. can lite coconut milk
– 1 c. pumpkin puree
– 1 heaping tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
– 1 c. oats
– 2 tbs. chia seeds
– 2 tbs. pure maple syrup
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the topping:
– pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
– hemp seeds
– flax meal
– banana chunks
– maple syrup
1. Preheat small saucepan over medium heat. Add coconut milk and pumpkin and whisk until smooth. Add pumpkin pie spice and whisk again.
2. Add oats and chia seeds and stir to combine. Cook oat mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until hot and creamy.
3. Stir in maple syrup. Turn off the heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Portion oatmeal into bowls and pile on the toppings. Drizzle a little more maple syrup over top if desired (highly recommend).